Save Water, Save Money,
SoCal Water$mart Residential Rebate Program
PROGRAM APPROVED THROUGH 2012
The SoCal Water$mart residential water efficiency rebate program has been approved for continuation for the program period of July 1, 2011 through April 30, 2012. There is no hiatus from one program period to the other, and applications are being processed and paid without a gap in program coverage.
The core program rebates are extended without change from the prior program year:
- High Efficiency Clothes Washers (WF < 4.0): $85
- Rotating Sprinkler Nozzles (minimum of 15 per application): $3/nozzle
- Weather-Based Irrigation Controllers: Under 1 acre: $80; 1 Acre or larger: $25/station
As always, these are the region-wide rebate amounts. Some agencies add to the core program rebate for even higher rebates for many customers.
NEW ONLINE APPLICATION
SoCal Water$mart introduced a new online application in June that makes the process even easier for customers. Enhanced features include user-friendly screens to fill in customer and product information, and pre-filled water agency detail based on customer address for accurate rebate information. Most customers will be able to complete the online application in about 2 minutes!
NEW "ESTIMATE YOUR REBATE" TOOL
July 1, SoCal Water$mart will introduce a more user-friendly "Estimate My Rebate" tool that allows customers to obtain up-to-date information about offerings for their specific water agencies.
PEOPLE ARE ASKING THEMSELVES HOW DO I CONSERVE WATER?
There are basic things you can do to start to become more efficient.
- Check run times on your irrigation, look for leaking valves, and broken sprinklers and pipes
- Adjust pressure regulators on irrigation systems, or adjust flow control on valves to eliminate misting from your sprinklers.
- Replace existing spray heads with Hunter MP Rotators®, these rotating sprinklers reduce runoff, and put out about 1/3 the water of a regular spray head.
- Install ET Based irrigation controllers such as Hunter’s Solar Sync® or Weathrematic’s SmartLine®. These state of the art controllers and weather stations factor in soil type, sprinkler type, geographical area, moisture, and solar radiation, to take the guess work out of how long you should water for.
- More Products & Tips PDF
Rebates may be available for specific irrigation products, such as Hunter MP Rotating Nozzles. You can apply online via an online process.